Hi, I am Hari om karwal. I am also new to Zend framework and learning it day by day. I have read and seen many articles and videos regarding Zend framework installation on windows. Here I am sharing some knowledge how to complete install zend framework on your xampp on windoes. I hope this will help a lot for Beginners to install and configure Zend Framework in few steps:
Ten steps to install Zendframework on xampp server.
2. Install xampp on any drive. I have installed it in (G:/) you can install this in any drive you want.
3. Now extract the downloaded Zend framework set up we will see the following directries:
4. Now we have to configure and place the Zend framework directories on particular places so that it can work properly.
5. Now copy the Zendframework set up folder and place it to:
6. Now replace the “zf.bat and zf.php” present in the “G:\xampp\php” with the new one from Zendframework setup:
Note: zf.bat and zf.php of may be different versions so to avoid this, use latest version. otherwise it will not allow some Zend command line tool to work properly.
G:\xampp\php\ZendFramework\bin (containing the zf.bat and zf.php)
7. Check that folder “zend” should be present in “G:\xampp\php\PEAR” and replace it with the new “zend” folder present in the Zendframework set up.
Note: The zend folder present in the “xampp\php\PEAR” may be of older version which will not match with the Zendframework version so to avoid the problems in future, use the fresh “Zend” directory from the setup.
8. Now open the php.ini set include_path to :
9. Now set the ENVIRONMENT VARIAB1LE > “Path” in (advance system settings). Add this line to Path:
10. The Installation is complete, now refresh the xampp setup.
We have learned how to install zend framework. Now we will see how to set up the project
a. Build a project
To build a zendframework full project(no a quickstatr package) we have to use command line tool and with the zend command we will create the project:
zf create project zendtest
b. The zend project has been created. you can see the project in your “xampp/htdocs/zendtest”
c. See the first view of your zend framework project:
open any web browser go to the path where “zendtest” is located” (http://localhost/zendtest)
Click on the public:
This is the first look of Zendframework application and now you can start to create your own applications
I hope this will help a lot for beginners to install zendframework and i will come out with the more solutions and knowledge sharing points.